Our Strategic Shipping Method is one
that treats your wine purchase like it's our own.
- Not to ship over a weekend if it can be avoided.
- Always have an adult (over 21 years-old) available to
sign for your packages when they arrive.
- Ship to a business if and when possible.
- It is illegal to ship wine to PO Boxes.
General Terms & Conditions:
By doing business with Italian Wine Merchants,
you (the client) agree that:
will ship all client purchases as soon as our warehouse receives them. We
want the client to receive their wine as quickly as possible so that they can
cellar or enjoy their valuable merchandise.
to the nature of our business, we cannot ship when the temperature is too hot
or too cold, for it may damage the wine. Therefore, we may exercise the right
to extend a temperature hold for up to three months in order to find a
suitable shipping window.
after three months we have been unable to ship the wine to a client, this
wine will be transferred to a secure, insured third-party storage facility at
the client's expense. This storage facility will bill the client directly,
and IWM will not be able to access the wine once it is in the control of this
recommends overnight shipments out of the Tri-State Area.
- FedEx/UPS: Delivery in 1-7 business days by FedEx or UPS. If you do not specify, we will always ship via FedEx. Please note that delivery time (to
your home or business) is determined by the carrier, not by Italian Wine
Merchants. We cannot schedule
shipments for delivery at a specific time during the day. For transit time to your area, please
see the map below.
*Small parcel carriers will make three delivery attempts before
returning your shipment to IWM. If
your shipment is returned to IWM, additional shipping costs may be charged in
order to re-ship your order.
Outbound Map for Shipping Transit Times:
Day Delivery via a Courier:
*Available for addresses in Manhattan only. Delivery on the day requested at
an additional cost. Courier deliveries are subject to courier
availability and are not guaranteed. Please contact your Portfolio Manager for more information.
Italian Wine Merchants reserves the right to hold shipments due to weather
deemed too hot or too cold for the safety of the wine.
does not ship wines when the temperature during transit will be over 80
degrees or under 32 degrees.
An Adult Signature is Required for all Deliveries
Small parcel carrier
requires that a responsible party, 21 years-old or older, is available to
sign for your wines on the delivery date. Therefore, we recommend shipping to a business address.
Can you expedite my
It is advisable to use Overnight service for all shipments outside the
Tri-State area. Expedited shipping is always available (for an additional
charge). To discuss an expedited
shipment, please call 212-473-2323 x156 to speak with a Shipping Manager.
Due to licensing requirements by the New York State Liquor Authority, we cannot
legally store purchased wine for longer than 90 days. If wines are in stock
and temperatures are safe for shipping, customer must accept shipment within
this time frame. If customer is unable to accept shipment after 90 days the
wine will be transferred to a secure third-party storage facility at the customer’s
Disclaimer: Various states impose limitations on the
quantity of alcoholic beverages that may be purchased and brought into their
jurisdiction by a purchaser from another state without requiring the
purchaser, a seller or shipper to possess certain licenses or permits.
Italian Wine Merchants does not, as a condition of sale, assume any
obligation nor bear any responsibility whatsoever for applying or obtaining
any such permits or licenses.
Do I qualify for Free Shipping?
Italian Wine Merchants
will ship wine orders exceeding
$100 (taxes not included) free of charge to reciprocal addresses in legal shipping states within Zone One (or 1 Day shipping) from NYC as
defined by FedEx. Please see the map below to find out whether your address
is within Zone One (area in pink).
You DO NOT qualify for free Zone One shipping
if your shipping address is in the following states: NJ, PA, MA, RI, NH.
Free Shipping Terms
- All orders destined to ship to a NY State address are
subject to NY Sales Tax.
- Free shipping does not apply to gift orders with multiple addresses.
may be returned in the original packaging within 30 days of the Shipping Date.
fee of 10% of the sales amount applies. For more details, please read
the Cancellations & Refunds section below.
Special orders wines cannot
be returned and are NOT eligible for Store Credit or Refunds.
CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS:
Due to the nature of our business, IWM only issues Store Credit or Refunds for purchases based on the following conditions, and reserves the right to change these conditions without prior notice:
• Retail Purchases
- Cancellations prior to the Estimated Shipping Date are eligible for Store Credit or a Refund. In the case of a Refund request, a 10% re-stocking fee will apply.
- Returns not exceeding 30 days post Shipping Date, shipped under IWM recommended shipping conditions, and returned in their original packaging are eligible for Store Credit only.
- Returns exceeding 30 days post Shipping Date are NOT eligible for Store Credit or Refunds.
- Special Order wines are not eligible for Store Credit or Refunds.
• Public Tastings and Ticketed Events:
- Cancellations submitted more than 24 Hours prior to the Event Date are eligible for Store Credit only.
- Cancellations submitted within 24 Hours prior to the Event Date are NOT eligible for Store Credit or Refunds.
• Private Tasting Events:
- Cancellations submitted more than 30 days prior to the Event Date are eligible for a full Deposit Refund.
- Cancellations submitted within 30 days prior to the Event Date are NOT eligible for a Deposit Refund or Store Credit.